c’mon alan that’s naaaaaaasty
Hey folks! WE’RE BACK with the premiere of Chapter Two! Also, some quick updates before we go any further.
- After a short period of non-functionality, comments are back! Feel free to yell about XW all you want. (Don’t get too weird, though. I SEE ALL.) We’re working on getting our store back up and running this month too– more news as it develops!
- Early updates on the Iris Jay Patreon are back– this time open to $1 patrons! I’m kind of converting the Patreon into more of a loosey-goosey tip jar, since I plan on moving a lot of process and odds’n’ends posts to…
- …the Iris Jay Blog! It’s now live. I’ll be reposting some older Patreon Core Dump material on there, as well as other process stuff that I’m working on. Plus maybe comics-related posts that are too long for Twitter? Idk, I kind of want to push for an online work journal presence that isn’t tied to a specific social media platform (though posts will get crossposted to my Twitter and Tumblr).
Super excited to dig into this next chapter! Hope you’re excited too.
Hey folks! New year, new blog post. A couple talking points:
- Our Patreon is live at http://patreon.com/ianjay! Pledging will grant you access to a behind-the-scenes blog for Crossed Wires stuff, as well as early pages and exclusive wallpapers. If we get enough people pledging, I’ll start an askblog, do weekly streams, maybe even update three times a week instead of two (wow!). Tiers start at $1! Check it out!
- Our store is totally revamped at http://store.ianjay.net! Offering books, minicomics, and merch. We’re also planning to release more minicomics AND PDF downloads of new and old stuff (!!) on there a little later this year. Keep your eyes peeled on that spot.
- We’ve added some Project Wonderful ad space on our website! Turn off AdBlock to get the full experience. Also, feel free to bid on space if you’ve got a comic or creation of your own that you think CW readers would dig!
- This “episode” of Crossed Wires is gonna be ending in about… twenty, thirty pages?? After this we’re gonna do a big Endnotes post and kick into Episode Two. I’m planning CW to be structured sort of like a TV show, with overarching plots separated into smaller “episodes” between 50 and 100 pages long. Here’s to experimentation!